It is my birthday coming up and I really wanted to make myself a dress to wear. I have had the idea in my head for a while but could not seem to visualise how to construct it.
The thought of cutting up some gorgeous material and making mistakes scares the hell out of me (something I think I inherited from Emmms!) so I decided to make a prototype using an old bed sheet.
I am very impressed with the results! I can’t believe I managed to sew this thing without a pattern. It fits like a dream too! It looks better on so will try and get another photo later!
It is far from perfect. I didn’t leave a seam allowance for the zip,
and I cut the chest band too small;
however, if the real thing fails I can always wear this little perfect imperfection!