Back in December, Lou issued a challenge: list three things, that’s all, that you’re going to do by year’s end. Though a crazy work schedule, then frantic holiday knitting and illness got in the way of making a public reply, don’t think I didn’t rise up!
My December goals were:
- Design and knit Matthew a glorious man-shawl for Christmas (check!)
- Knit at least two pairs of Ysolda’s Grown-up Bootees for his stocking (check!)
- Finish off his Christmas present from last year (er… well, two out of three is all right, right?)
I am thisclose to finishing off his Skinny Boy Cardigan, and I think this time it’s going to fit like a striped merino glove. When I’m finished he will wear it until it literally falls, fibre by fibre, from his body. I’ve knit and reknit the upper torso and shoulders four times now! FOUR! And it’s still not right! Sigh. So I guess at the top of my list for 2010 is this: Finish his goddamn Christmas present from last year!
The rest of my Loummsy goals:
- Get back to making bread, a loaf a week. I was so good about this right into September, but got sidetracked by other things and haven’t really started up again.
- Design and knit three jumpers. I’ve got the sketches down, I’ve got the yarn and needles chosen, I just need to design and knit them.
- Write up and release the patterns for the three sock designs I’ve been hanging on to for a rainy day. The time is now!
- Sew a dress that fits. Preferably fits me, but I’m not fussy at this point.
- Sew a pair of trousers.
- Stop buying clothes altogether and sew them all myself!!!! And shoes!!!!!
- Calm down a bit and create a list of sensible and achievable goals:
- Get back to making bread, a loaf a week.
- Design and knit three jumpers.
- Write up and release the patterns for three languishing sock designs.
- Take a stab at sewing myself some clothing.
- Grow cucumbers. I didn’t do that this year and I missed them.
- Be both more laissez faire and more diligent when it comes to keeping up my garden. Some plants love being on their own, others need more attention; this year I’d like to strike a balance so I’m just fussy enough.
- Work through my UFOs. I have a number of things unfinished and I’d like to change their status.
- Initiate a Sunday brunch collective with local foodie friends. I got Vegan Brunch for Christmas and I am itching to try out a bunch of recipes!
- Make more pizza. This sort of goes with the bread thing, but I haven’t made pizza in ages — consequently, we haven’t eaten pizza at home in ages. Store-bought pizzas are for the birds.
I should probably add be a more diligent blogger as this year I’ve been a bit negligent, but this year I also plan on being a better student, we’ll have to have to see which will out… Lou, over to you!
Happy 2010, everybody!!!!