Our Sock- and Sweater-Perfect Buttoned WIP Bucket Bags are just the right size to carry your project, yarn and pattern on the go, lined and buttoned for your pleasure. These bags are rarely replicated and will feature:
- an adorable print on the outside, often in cotton, but sometimes linen;
- a strong lining, chosen at whim from our collection of polkadotty cottons, taffetas, satins, upcycled/vintage fabrics, other adorable cotton prints…;
- sometimes three handy pockets, sewn securely into the seams;
- always a round base;
- ~our favourite~ four-button closure, hand-picked from our button collection, usually mismatched, generally vintage, always awesome;
- an individual hand-blended lavender sachet* to keep your projects smelling lovely.
As knitters ourselves, we designed these bags to suit the needs of our craft. Thus, they are always:
- SNAG FREE: the button closure allows yarn to carry easily between the buttons, so there is no worry about the snags or catches (or worse: breakages) that you might risk with a zipper;
- SECURE: the four buttons hold close tightly so you know your ball or cake won’t start flying all over the place and your needles and notions will stay put to while you’re on the go;
- SNUG, BUT GENTLY SO: the round base is a perfect resting place for yarn cakes or wound balls, yet still leaves room for them to manoeuvre while you’re working with the yarn;
- SHAPELY: the tapered ‘bucket’ shape seems to grow with your project, so there is always plenty of space as your project get bigger and you need to carry more yarn!
The Sock-Perfect measures (approx.) 9 1/2 inches (w) x 8 1/2 inches (h) and can comfortably fit a pair of socks on the needles (or one on the needles along with its finished mate), plus up to two 100 g cakes of yarn and your pattern. It is also great for lacy shawl projects, multi-coloured mittens, sleeves, whether knit or crocheted.
The Sweater-Perfect measures (approx.) 10 3/4 inches (w) x 10 inches (h) and can comfortably fit a nearly complete jumper, plus the yarn required to finish up that last sleeve and your pattern. It is also great for lap blankets, baby garments, toys in the works (such as Ysolda’s Elijah pattern), and even 9-inch embroidery hoops!
Our Socky and Big Drawstring Project Wristers were designed for crafters who take their work in progress to work in public. Except for change-ups in the colours of the thread, these bags are often replicated and will feature:
- a fab print on the outside, often in cotton, but sometimes linen or corduroy;
- sturdy calico (a sort of light-weight canvas, but soft) on the inside;
- a cotton twine drawstring that holds everything inside nice and secure;
- a large and lovely button, usually vintage;
- ~our favourite~ a handy securely-sewn wrister tab in the same sturdy calico as the lining (available as adjustable or fixed).
We designed these specifically for the crafter whose on the go and on a budget. These bags are basically the stripped down version of our Sock- and Sweater Perfect project bags. Sewn flat, with a secure drawstring closure, and lined with a sturdy plain calico (thick cotton weave, like a medium canvas), these bags are a stripped-down version of our buttoned bucket bags.
By using the same calico lining for all, we are able to make them as affordable as possible, while maintaining our high standards of quality. Best of all, it features a very handy wrister tab, held in place with a functional button, making it quick and easy to slip on, which means you can knit on the run. Literally.
The Socky Wrister measures (approx.) 9 1/2 inches (w) x 9 1/2 inches (h) and can comfortably fit a sock or two on the needles (along with its finished mate), plus up to two 100 g cakes of yarn and your pattern. Like the Sock-Perfect project bag, it is just the right size for lacy shawl projects, multi-coloured mittens, sleeves, whether knit or crocheted. We offer both fixed Wrister tabs and adjustable.
The Big Wrister [picture to come] measures (approx.) 10 inches (w) x 10 1/2 inches (h) and can comfortably fit a nearly complete jumper, plus the yarn and the pattern. It is also great for lap blankets, baby garments and toys in the works (plus the stuffing!)!
Also available are our XL Sweater-Perfect Bags, perfect for larger garments like jackets, coats and capes;
our Stash-Perfect Bags, perfect for keeping your stash organised;
our Strappy-Perfect Project Bags, perfect for slinging over your shoulder when you’re on the move (these are usually Sock-Perfect size);
our crescent-shaped Kanga Project Bags, with an adjustable belt to hold your knitting at your waist;
our half-sized All-Purpose Aprons, in large and small(ish), which are really just good for anything you might have going, whether you’re crafting, gardening, cooking or cleaning;
and, of course, our digital patterns.
We (sporadically) update our Fab Fabrics page, where you can browse the fabric we have in stock, so you can customise your own Sock-, Sweater- and Stash-Perfect Project Bags, Socky and Big Wristers or whatever else you fancy!
* IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES, please note: the project bags are stored separately to the lavender sachets for this very reason. We make our sachets to order for freshness and will happily make up a sachet with a different herbal blend. Our other blends include rosemary and lemon; lemon, cloves and cinnamon; and clove and cinnamon.